Creatine is made up of 3 amino acids and these are: arginine, glycine and methionine. It can boost muscle mass, increase strength levels, reduce fatigue and recovery times post exercise.
Creatine works in a number of different ways and these are as follows:
- It works primarily on the fast twitch muscle fibres giving them an immediate energy supply and this ensures that you can work at higher intensities for longer durations when lifting
- This increases the lifters creatine storage capacity and this facilitates an increase in maximal power output, muscular strength, it reduces time to fatigue and recovery times in between sets.
- It pulls water into the muscle cells and mechanism increases the cell’s volumization and its overall size
- It increases the anabolic hormone IGF-1 which is an important element in building muscle mass
- It decreases muscle cell damage and inflammation caused by the stress of lifting.
There are various forms of creatine, which you can filter for on the left menu.
Click here for more information about creatine.