BCAAs & EAAs
Amino Acids are complex chemical compounds that are building blocks of protein and lean muscle mass. Essential amino acids (EAAs) can’t be created within your body and must be supplied via your diet. The main essential amino acids are:
Three of these (leucine, valine and isoleucine) are branched chain amino acids (BCAAs). They are vital for building muscle mass, burning fat and muscle repair. Leucine is the most beneficial out of all three of the BCAAs and research suggests that it can boost protein synthesis by activating the mTOR pathway.
EAAs give your body benefits such as shortening recovery time post exercise, boosting muscle mass retention and are perfect for people who want to strip fat without losing size.
BCAAs have the following benefits:
- They increase muscle growth by binding a higher number of amino acids together to form stronger muscle tissues
- They increase insulin levels which is a catalyst for protein synthesis to occur
- They blunt the levels of cortisol in the blood
- They increase human growth hormone levels which is an anabolic hormone that essential for muscle growth
- They reduce the risk of DOMS (delayed onset of muscle fatigue)
Click here for more information about amino acids.
Mutant – BCAA 9.7£18.29–£45.48Select options
Optimum Nutrition – Superior Amino 2222£26.95Select options
Universal Nutrition – Amino 1000£28.61Select options
Universal Nutrition – Amino 2250£13.11Select options
Universal Nutrition – Amino 2700£15.71–£54.83Select options
USP Labs – AminoLIFT£16.85Select options
Weider – Amino Blast Mega Forte£34.97Select options
Weider – Amino Essential£20.84–£33.37Select options
Weider – Amino NOX£22.31Select options
Weider – Amino Power Liquid£21.56Select options