Amino Acids are complex chemical compounds that are building blocks of protein and lean muscle mass. Essential amino acids (EAAs) can’t be created within your body and must be supplied via your diet. The main essential amino acids are:
Three of these (leucine, valine and isoleucine) are branched chain amino acids (BCAAs). They are vital for building muscle mass, burning fat and muscle repair. Leucine is the most beneficial out of all three of the BCAAs and research suggests that it can boost protein synthesis by activating the mTOR pathway.
EAAs give your body benefits such as shortening recovery time post exercise, boosting muscle mass retention and are perfect for people who want to strip fat without losing size.
BCAAs have the following benefits:
- They increase muscle growth by binding a higher number of amino acids together to form stronger muscle tissues
- They increase insulin levels which is a catalyst for protein synthesis to occur
- They blunt the levels of cortisol in the blood
- They increase human growth hormone levels which is an anabolic hormone that essential for muscle growth
- They reduce the risk of DOMS (delayed onset of muscle fatigue)
Click here for more information about amino acids.
Applied Nutrition – BCAA Amino-Hydrate£22.22Select options
Applied Nutrition – Beta-Alanine, 1500mg£16.77Select options
Applied Nutrition – L-Leucine 4K£17.69Select options
Applied Nutrition – Leucine EAA£17.88Select options
BSN – Amino X£18.60–£34.78Select options
BSN – Rebuild Edge£22.28Select options
CNP – Pro BCAA£20.50Select options
CNP – Pro BCAA Burst£25.00Select options
CNP – Pro Beta Alanine£19.99Select options
CNP – Pro Glutamine£25.52Select options
CNP – Pro HMB£18.93Select options
Doctor’s Best – Best L-Tryptophan featuring TryptoPure, 500mg£24.43Select options